Private equity firms, multinational corporations or simply investors looking for opportunities have an interest in
Hong Kong investment. Common investment targets are Hong Kong resource companies or properties, real estate, financial products and Hong Kong businesses in general. Existing businesses may look to expand into Hong Kong, sometimes as a place from which to enter the Chinese market. This has become especially attractive recently with Hong Kong corporate tax rates 16.5% lower than Chinese rates.
Global CPA advise on the tax implications of the investment; how to structure it using a corporation, trust, tax efficiency structure or other entity; and whether and how to make use of Hong Kong’s international tax treaty network. Global CPA also advise on transfer pricing.
In these types of assignments, Global CPA
• liaise with the client or the client’s professional representatives to determine the objectives of the investment, how it will be financed, and the necessary background information concerning the client’s overseas operations;
• present a tax-planning proposal for discussion;
• assist in implementing the proposal, retain legal counsel (if required) to complete the acquisition, and attend to various legal filings;
• monitor the ongoing operations of the investment, and advise from time to time as to appropriate tax strateg
• assist in structuring the sale of the investment, if and when required, to minimize the Hong Kong tax
In handling this kind of assignment, Global CPA are pleased to work with the client’s existing professionals or, where required, to call on our international contacts for assistance.